Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Song Brings Peace to Thoughts of Injustice

This past week, I've been feeling a heavy load, as I've dealt with injustices that I've witnessed, in the lives of the children we serve. The truth is that sometimes I am so close to so many awful things that are hard to witness. The hardest things that I deal with are when children are taken advantage of, or used, or abused by the ones that should be protecting them. I guess it is something like what a soldier experiences when he goes to war. The difference is that I know the battle has already been won when Christ overcame the grave!

I don't get a chance to hear a lot of American Christian music lately, but I really have taken comfort in the words of this Chris Tomlin song. He is singing of a day to come, that we are all living for. I especially like the bridge in the middle of the song. It is taken from John's words in Revelation 5, as he describes thousands of angels singing "Worthy is the Lamb." When I listen to this song, I am reminded that one day Jesus will right all the injustices of this world. I know that many of you can feel the weight of injustice at times in your lives as well. I hope this song brings peace to you as well. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome song! This was my parents song, and still is my mom's song after dad died. Love this song!!!
    (I am Curtis Cecil's wife..)

    ReplyDelete