Friday, February 5, 2010

Miguel

If I were to tell you the child I have seen the most change in during the last 6 months, it would be Miguel. Miguel is 12 years old and an only child. His mother has many psychological problems and he has lived at Casa Hogar Douglas for as long as I can remember. A year ago, I was very worried for Miguel. He was always angry and depressed. I had many people who came to serve in groups notice the same thing about him.
But since August, when Javier came to be the head care giver, I have seen a huge change in Miguel. He always is seeking ways to help, even when he isn't asked to. He jokes with the other boys and seems to always have a positive attitude. In church, Miguel is almost always one of the first to come forward for prayer. And then, the other day during the sermon, I heard a couple of "Amens" coming from the left side of the congregation. When I turned to see who it was, I smiled when I saw that it was Miguel. I'm thankful for the work that God has begun in the life of Miguel. I know that just as Paul wrote to the church in Philippi, "that He that began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus," God will complete the work that He began in the life of Miguel.

No comments:

Post a Comment