Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sunday in Cadereyta

This past Sunday, I helped lead a group of men to one of the ministry areas we serve, called Cadereyta. I haven't been to this area in several months because it is actually another staff member's responsibility and Betty and I are usually leading groups to Rio 3. I was very impressed with how God has been moving in this place. I first visited this place 4 years ago. I remember then there was talk of building a ministry center to serve the people of this area. In my many trips back there over the years we have seen much progress as the building has been constructed. There still is much to do, but last summer we were able to pour the roof to the first floor. What a difference this has made!
This group of men helped work on the building in the morning and then at 3:30 we invited people from the neigbiorhood to a worship service. I was so impressed by the leadership I witnessed in the church. Many of them were men. I am sad to say that this is unusual in many of the poor areas hat we serve. But there were men leading worship and men with their families worshiping in the congregation. I know that Pastor Jose Angel has been especially working to raise up the men in this community and I have witnessed the fruit on Sunday. I didn't bring my camara so I have no pictures but I was very uplifted by what I witnessed God doing in this community.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome, I remember being there 3 years ago. It is awesome to hear updates on these areas. Thanks for keeping us all in touch!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for what He is doing in so many facets of the ministry. Praying for Godly men in Rio 3 and Meme's Rio too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete