Sunday, January 17, 2010

Isaiah 41 - Words I need to hear

The 41st chapter of Isaiah is full of words that I needed to hear recently. 

The other night, Betty was reading her Bible while I was working at my desk. At one point she said, "Jim, listen to this," as she began to read it to me. I asked her, "who gave you those verses?" She answered, "God!" I want to just share a few of these verses that I highlighted in my Bible.

vs. 9 "I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you....I have chosen you and have not rejected you."
vs. 10 "So do not fear, for I am with you: do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you: I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
vs.12..." Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all."
vs. 17 "The poor and needy search for water, but there is none....But I the Lord will answer them: I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.

Perhaps you are like me and need to be lifted up with words of encouragement. There are no better words, than the words of encouragement from our Heavenly Father. I pray these words will lift you up and give you strength! God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for these verses, it is true there is no better encouragement then to hear his word :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah 41 :9-10 is my life verse. I find them helpful when I'm feeling like a pion wondering why God loves me like He does. Betty is great and I feel blessed to know her oh, and you too

    ReplyDelete