Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What are we going to do about it?



As many of you know, I read The Hole in Our Gospel earlier this year. I have been called back to re-read portions of it from time to time. I believe it is an excellent book!
A thought that I've had lately is what do non-christians really think of the American Christian Church? With so many poor and hungry people in the world today, what does the world think of the church's response? I know many want to help the poor and feed the hungry. Do non-christians see the church as hypocritical or judgemental towards people who are not like them? Sadly, I'm afraid that's exactly what they see in us to often.
I'm reminded by something someone shared with me recently. God has provided the resources in this world so that NO ONE would be poor or hungry. He just didn't distribute the resources EVENLY. He left that job for us to do! What are we going to do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment