Sunday, September 5, 2010

A special party for Alondra



Alondra is a young girl that lives at Casa Hogar Douglas. When a young girl turns 15 here, it is the custom to throw a special party for her. What we are celebrating is that this young girl is now becoming a woman. Alondra turned 15 in August and we celebrated her special day on Sept. 4. The thought that I had during Alondra's special day was that there is probably not another girl that is more loved at this home than Alondra. She also has many from the U.S. who love her also. At 15, Alondra is already a young lady who is living her life with dignity and compassion for others. I'm excited for what God has in store in the future for this young lady!

1 comment:

  1. This young lady was the child who stole my heart for the mexican orphan. I still have photos from her, probably 6 years ago, taking me down the 'slide'. She also walked me around campus with another young girl for 2 hours teaching me spanish as I taught them English.

    Thank God for what you all are doing in helping these kids learn to love, trust, and rely on GOD! Dios te Bendiga

    ReplyDelete