Monday, January 31, 2011

Causing Trouble all over the World

Yesterday, in church, we discussed a verse found in Acts 17:6. The second part of that verse is describing Paul and Silas when it says, "These men who have caused trouble all over the world have now come here!" I was really taken by that verse and it caused me to think alot. Luke was sharing what the opposition was saying about the ministry of these 2 men. It made me think because I wondered if those who appose Christ where I minister would say the same about me? Am I causing trouble all over the world? Or am I even making a wave in the world I live in?

The footnotes in my study Bible say this..."What a reputation these early Christians had! Our world needs to be turned upside down, to be transformed. The Good News doesn't merely improve programs and encourage good conduct; it dynamically transforms lives!" I'm going to pray that the world sees me as someone who is causing trouble. I don't want to just encourage people to "do good" or "act right." I want to share the radical Good News of Jesus Christ in such a way that others are compelled to want to follow Him.

My prayer is that this year you will see more of this in my writing and what I choose to do with my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment