Monday, December 5, 2011

A Rescue

A short while ago, we had the privilege to help out in a child rescue case. Actually, there were 3 siblings under the age of 8 years old that were brought to us by their mother, through a friend of ours. For privacy reasons I won't go into all the details but I can say that all 3 of these kids were in physical danger. They had no home and were living on the streets. That alone is not safe in this country! But I am so thankful that ever since they were brought to us, they have been safe, well fed, cared for and loved daily.

I remember what my friend who brought them to us told me on the day that we met them. He said, "Jim, I was made for days like today!" As every paramedic or fireman knows, there is a rush when you assist in a real live rescue! There are many aspects to orphan care ministry. There is education, physical, spiritual and emotional development. All of these things are part of what we do as a whole. But when you are able to be there in that moment of a young child's life and be a part of changing their destiny, there is contentment. I know for sure, that on that fall day in 2011, we saw the future change for those 3 young children. They were literally snatched from the hands of Satan and placed in a place where they are not only protected but are free to grow in their knowledge of Christ as their True Savior.

Yesterday, I was reminded of this as I was worshiping in the church at Casa Hogar Douglas. I turned to my side and there was the oldest singing out loud the songs of the redeemed. He was singing them as one who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment