Friday, August 27, 2010

God Changing Things in Casa Hogar Douglas



We see God moving in so many ways here. But in Casa Hogar Douglas, we have seen many changes this past year, that we know are from Him! It really started almost 2 years ago, when many of our staff felt called to go to this children's home and pray on a weekly basis. It wasn't long before we started to see God moving. I remember that one of the things that I prayed for 2 years ago was that this home would be known as the most spiritual home we work with. Today, I believe I can see that day coming closer than ever before.
The point I would like to make about this change is that I believe it has been God doing the changing. It isn't Back2Back or any one person or persons that are taking the credit. But, God has used many people along the way to bring change. They have each one done their part to be God's hands and feet as He has been transforming this place.
We still have a lot of work to do. But God has brought a lot of people to this place to do specific things in the transformation process. I believe He will continue to bless these children and this home as He completes this work. One important part that I want to share with those of you that read this blog is this. Those of you who have prayed or given money financially in any way, have been a huge part of the changes that have taken place. Those of you who are Shelter sponsors of kids from Douglas have enabled us to provide a higher quality of care for these kids.
God isn't finished doing His work in this home yet! I firmly believe that the best days of Casa Hogar Douglas are yet to come. And, I believe that one day in the not so far off future, this children's home will be one of the most spiritual places we serve!

1 comment: