Wednesday, March 6, 2013

First 2 Months' Updates



In addition to our new office, the first 2 months have brought alot of changes to our children's home.

1. Daniela, who ended 2012 in a wheelchair has been improving and just last week walked across the room with someone helping her. She can eat by herself and is expected to return to the classroom by April on her way to a complete recovery by summer!

2. We were able to have 3 siblings who had been placed in protective custody with the government, returned to us. All I can say about that is that was a sweet day!

3. A little over a week ago, 3 sisters who have been in the process of being adopted for over 3 years, saw their case finalized. On Monday, they got on a plane for the first time in their lives and flew off with their official mom and dad! That brought tears to our eyes!

4. In a little over 30 days, we received 17 new kids! I can't tell you their stories but I can say almost all of them are hard ones. Kids with incredible pasts but all of them are sweet! I mean "take home in your suitcase" sweet kids! I sometimes ask "why us God?" I don't know the answer, but I know we are going to love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment