Sunday, May 3, 2009

In The Shelter of The Most High


Today we had our church service at Casa Hogar Douglas. I know I talk a lot about these church services, but I just can't contain my excitement! I am thrilled to worship our Heavenly Father each week with these 80 kids that live in this children's home. It is hard to explain, but many times these young kids inspire me. I know that many of them have dealt with more pain and disappointment in their young lives than I have in a lifetime.
Greg preached the sermon today. He preached on Psalm 91. It will be the text that the theme of our Bible Study here this summer will be taken from. The theme of our summer is "Shelter." When we started to read the scripture for the sermon..."He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty...", I was moved as I realized that the kids were reciting the words along with Betty as she read them. They were reciting them from memory. If you read the rest of the chapter, you will realize that these words are inspirational for orphans or anyone who needs to know they are loved and cared for by God. Today, God used these kids to inspire me.
".... If you make the Most High your dwelling - then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment