Friday, May 6, 2011

Random

I want to be more intentional about blogging. Even if I just write down a few of my thoughts. Random. Not neccesarily any certain topic or event. Maybe not always pictures. Sometimes maybe just a few lines.

As I was thinking about wanting to do this, these thoughts came to me. I want to go deeper into this radical life that God has called me. I'm not sure what that means exactly but I want to be unafraid to sacrifice my own desires for God's. His ways are always better anyway. Sometimes I think all of us desire to live our lives for Jesus in ways that WE want to live them. I think often about the disciples that were called away from the lives that they had planned for themselves to follow this radical teacher. When I think about this, I want to be a satelite that is soaring out into the unknown and no one knows where it will end up. But it goes on for as long as God and time allow.

I really believe there is joy and freedom and adventure in this type of living. Not careless living, but surrendered living. As Rich Mullins once said, "In the end we're all going to die anyway. You might as well go out doing something you really enjoy, like eating colesteral. Because what will matter is if you didn't really live!"

No comments:

Post a Comment