Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Real Fight - Spiritual Warfare

I know that I have shared my opinions and feelings about Spiritual Warfare before. I just feel that I have been reminded again just recently of how real the fight can be.

We recently had a group here serving with us and one of the women in the group is what I call a prayer warrior. We actually have several prayer warriors that are constantly praying for our work and many times they communicate to us what God is telling them. When more than one of them shares the same message with me, I take special notice. The woman from the group this week shared something with me that a few others have shared also in the past year. She described a picture of God's angels standing guard over the children we serve. But, she also felt that there were demons lurking over them that were powerless but never the less were there. I remember about 5 years ago, when we were developing the property where our Hope Program is today. We felt like there was spiritual warfare taking place and our director Todd used almost the same picture to discribe what he felt was going on.

As we were praying this morning, Betty said "God, we know that the fight is fiercest, right before the victory!" I am reminded often that there is so much more going on than what I can see in front of me. I pray with faith that God is orchestrating things all around the world right at this very moment. Perhaps there are events happening in the US, or maybe even in some other country, that will have an impact on what happens here.

Betty and I both sense that God has been moving in answer to many people's prayers over our work. We thank you for your faithfulness in prayer. We rejoice with the angels, as we witness strongholds of injustice and oppression crumbling before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment